I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Interior mat W35 x L59 INCH Retro,Funky Abstract Motif Half Circular Inner Round Forms Hoops Artwork,Grey Marigold Cinnamon Easy to clean, no deformation, no fading Non-slip Door Mat Carpe door Spiral nuuega1702-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair, Adjustable Stool for Home and Office - Improve Your Posture with an Angled Seat - Thick Comfortable Cushions
- Decorry 360 Swivel Kitchen Faucet Antique Brass Dual Porcelain Traditional Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Twin Lever Solid Brass Monobloc Basin
- Fotorahmen TONGTONG SHOP Wall Mounted Waterfall Basin Sink Mixer Tap Chrome Bathroom Faucet (color 3)
- VLAVEN 4.5 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Dual-Layered - CertiPUR-US Certified - Firm Feel - Twin Size
- Swarovski 5180210 Annual Edition 2016 Christmas Ornament
- Pengei Tap Basin Mixer Kitchen Sink Mixer Faucet Black Bronze
- Commercial Single Lever Pull Down Kitchen Sink Faucet Brass Constructed Nordic Modern Minimalist Retro Chrome Glass Stainless Steel Pure Copper Waterfall Bathroom Basin Faucet Hotel Kitchen Bathroom
- YYF-FAUCET Basin Tap All-copper European Antique Wash Basin Faucet, Hotel Engineering Bathroom Heightening Cold hot Water Tap, Single Hole Inssizetion (color Brass)
- Faucet Quality Warranty Basin Faucet Retro Black Bathroom, Basin Faucet, All Copper, Simple Revolving Kitchen Sink, Cold and Hot Faucet, European and American Style.
- Zr Household Umbrella Stand Iron Creative Office Umbrella Bucket Hanging Folding Umbrella Storage Bucket Hotel 24 53 21cm (color Black)
- Silver Bar Stools 360° Swivel Bar Chairs Adjustable Tall Chairs with Backrest Footrest Breakfast Stools for Kitchen, Counter (color Optional) (color Red)
- WYQSZ Coat Rack - Creative Coat Rack Wall Hanging Wall Hanger Living Room Porch Bedroom Clothes Rack Solid Wood Rack - Coat Rack 8563 (Size B)
- Modern Minimalist American Backrest Armrest Chair Nordic Domestic Creative Backrest Armrest Chair Yellow
- Giantex 6' Portable Plastic In outdoor Picnic Party Camping Dining Folding Bench
- Safco Products Costumer Chrome, 4163CR
- Faucet Modern Plated Kitchen Bathroom Faucet Basin Faucet Hot and Cold Washing Basin Faucet Antique Brass Bathroom Faucet
- 360° redating Faucet Retro Faucet Basin Faucet Bathroom Single Handle Tap Brand New Washbasin Hot Cold Mixer Deck Mounted Free Shipping
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap The golden faucet hot and cold taps full copper bathroom plus high bluee-tiled table top basin gold plated antique fittings, paint - gold taps the braided hose
- Oudan golden Swan Art Antique Faucet Hot and Cold Basin Taps Bathroom Cabinets Antique Short Paragraph (color Antique Short Paragraph, Size -)
- Hampton Bay Sinclair 44 in. Tarnish Bronze Ceiling Fan
- Waterfall Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Solid Brass Construction Hot and Cold Basin Faucet
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…