I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Ancient Semicircular CushionEuropean Landmark Traveller Tourist Cities Spain Sketchy Entry Door Mat H 31.5 xD 47.2 Brown and Cream Image France nuuvuz1036-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Faucetbasin Taps Swivel Spout Faucet Copper Pull-Out Telescopic Basin Bathroom Cabinet Wash Basin Wash Basin Hot and Cold Basin Faucet
- Single Lever Tap Retro Nostalgic Bathroom Wash Bowl Sink Red Bronze Sanlingo
- Modern Brass, gold Kitchen Faucet, redating Hot and Cold Faucet gold
- Monsoon Pacific 222209 Villa Faux Leather Dining Chairs, Sunrise orange
- bluee aBaby Heavenly Soft Adult Rocking Chair Cushion, Pink (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Brass Wall Faucet Chrome Brass Faucetbrass Basin Faucet Bathroom Water Tap Mixer
- Bathroom Sink Basin Lever Mixer Tap Antique-Like Faucet European Elevated Platform Basin Single-Hole Faucet Retro-Style Mixed Hot and Cold Water Faucet
- GROHE 33300002 Eurosmart Single-Lever Bath Shower Mixer Tap
- Brass Wall Faucet Chrome Brass Faucetwater Faucet, Cold Water, Hot Water, Swivel Tap.
- Bijjaladeva Antique Bathroom Sink Vessel Faucet Basin Mixer Tap The golden faucet hot and cold with a swivel basin mixer with high bluee enamel gold plated antique Faucet
- Corelle Livingware Piece Dinnerware Set, Winter Frost White , Service for 8 (24-Piece Set)
- Black Retractable Kitchen Tap with Pull-Out Dish Rinser 360° Swivel Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap Single Lever Brass, Black
- Taps Kitchen Sinkfaucet Waste Mono Spoutkitchen Faucet Double Effluent Copper Pull Expansion
- Headboard Bed Backrest Cushion Bed Cushion Bedside Pillow Cotton Large Soft Pillow Lumbar Support Detachable 10 Solid colors 7 Sizes (color A10, Size 90 60 30CM)
- Black Home Dining Car Wine Cart, Storage Trolley, 2 Layers of Multi-Function, Solid Wood (Black, White)
- Yellow QIQI-DENG Solid Wood High Stool, Back Bar Stool Multicolor redating Seat Living Room Kitchen (color White)
- ZHFJGKR&ZL Athroom Waterfall Led Faucet Glass Waterfall Brass Basin Faucet Bathroom Mixer Tap Deck Mounted Basin Sink Mixer Tap
- Quilted Double Mattress,Tatami Floor mat Student Dorm futon Mattress Topper Foldable Cushion mats Bed Predection pad Crawling mat-F 100x200cm(39x79inch)
- In Stainless Steel European Style Jade gold Christmas, Equipment of Door Room-soap Toilet Brush Dry-Towels,Rack
- 2 Step Stool Folding Step Ladder with Anti-Slip Wide Pedal for Household Work Use(42 48 41.5cm)
- Kokeruup Copper gold Faucet hot and Cold European Bathroom Faucet Antique Bathroom Single Hole Retro washbasin Faucet M
- ITouchless 16 Gallon Dual Step Trash Can & Recycle, Stainless Steel Lid and Bin Body with Handle, Includes 2 x 8 Gallon (30L) Removable Buckets, Soft-close and Airtight Lid
- Modern Out Kitchen Faucet Commercial Faucet of Cold and Hot Tub Mixer Brass Chrome Basin Faucet (color -, Size -)
- ZHANG14 Contemporary Concise Bathroom Faucet Antique Bronze Basin Sink Kitchen Faucet Single Hole Two Handle Cold and Hot Mixer
- All Copper Black Paint, gold Heightened Washbasin, Single Hole Bathroom Cabinet, Cold and Hot Faucet.
- Bijjaladeva Antique Bathroom Sink Vessel Faucet Basin Mixer Tap The black ancient shower set into the wall faucet bathroom boost shower copper faucet ceramic handles shower C
- Ettore 85500 Super Bucket Complete, 6 Gallon (Pack of 2)
- World Map Monuments Canvas Wall Art - Ready to Hang - Large Wonders of The World Artwork Hanging Print for Home Office, Living Room, Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom - Made in USA - 3 Panel 47” x 30”
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…