I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
7 Changing His shoes Stool Dressing Manicure Stool Sofa Stool Storage Wear shoes Footrest Pier Barrel Chairs Storage Chair Strong and Sturdy Foldable Leather Sofa DZ1 Stool, nupavy3869-Barstools
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Corridor Door mat W35 x L59 INCH Mountain,Group of Trekkers Hiking Among Snows of Kilimanjaro in Winter in Painting Style, Multicolor Easy to Clean, Easy to fold,Non-Slip Door Mat Carpet
- 11.8-31.5 Inch Round Wall Mirror Decorative Mirror Retro Metal Frame Wall Hanging Mirror Ldeal for Bathroom Living Room Hallway (Copper)
- SMC Mirror Environmentally Friendly Resin Simple Adjustable Round Vanity Mirror Double-Sided Desktop Mirror (Size Medium)
- Solid Wood Hanger Floor Bedroom Hanger Simple Clothes Shelf Home Multi-Function Mobile Bag Coat Rack
- Bathtubs New Oversized Foot Pump Inflatable AdultsBath Plastic Shower Bath Barrel Folding Bath Bucket-bluee,160Cm
- Brass Wall Faucet Chrome Brass Faucetfaucet Single Lever Swivel Spout with Ceramic Handle
- Art Deco Premium Quality Lead Free Crystal Whiskey Decanter Set With 4 Glasses In Unique Elegant Gift Box. Dishwasher Safe. The Original Art Deco Liquor Decanter Set For Whisky, Scotch Or Bourbon.
- Tap Mixer Kitchen Sink Taps 360 Degree Swivel Chrome Kitchen Faucet Solid Brass One Handle Mixer Sink Tap Hot and Cold Water Faucet Kitcehn Tap
- JWLT Faucet Single Head, Kitchen, Seven Bowling Faucet, Cold and hot Faucet, All Copper revolving hot and Cold Water,Seven Word Bend Faucet
- Ecl griferias ecls02 °C Mixer Tap Bathtub, Silver
- Water Tapdrinking Designer Archbathroom Single Cold Basin Faucet Basin Faucet
- goldYING Tap Faucets Waterfall Copper Faucet Black Bronze Kitchen Sink Faucet redatable Hot And Cold Sink Sink Faucet
- Chrome golden Bathroom Fitting Set Mounted Bridge 3it Glass Set Split Communities Mixer Faucet Sinks Ceramic Body
- bluee 150CM80CM70CM Home practical bathtub Inflatable adult tub thickening large family bath Bathtub (color bluee, Size 150CM80CM70CM)
- ALL FOR YOU 3pc Reversible Bedspread, Coverlet,Quilt Set-Coastal Nautical Prints- Tropical Fish-Sea World (King 90 x100 )
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…