I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Watercolor Active Printing Circular Carpet, Non-Slip Landscape Home Living Room Bedroom mat Doormat of Decoration (color E, Size 150cm) Painting Lvdijidian nupavy3702-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Flensted Mobiles Metamorphose Hanging Mobile - 31 Inches - Steel
- Delta Faucet RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Digreener, Chrome
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Hot and cold water faucets, retro space aluminum sit-in-WATER FAUCET
- Kitchen Bath Basin Sink Bathroom Taps Washbasin Mixer Bathroom Basin Faucet Brass Ctzl2237
- Marrado blueetooth Speakers + Bedside Lamp, Night Light, Smart Touch Control Table Lamp for Bedroom Living Room, Portable Rechargeable LED Desk Lamp, Dimmable Warm White & color Changing，Wood Grain
- FuweiEncore Vegetables Basin Vegetables Basin Kitchen Faucet Hot and Cold Mixer Tap is redatably Mixed Copper Sink Faucet (color -, Size -)
- BBQBQ 304 stainless steel lead-free kitchen household water purifier faucet greenical single single hole single cold straight drinking water faucet
- JONTON Faucet Wash Faucet European Style Copper Bathroom Antique Faucet Basin Hot And Cold Water Faucet Counter Basin Retro Faucet
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Basin cold water tap full copper ttl basin cold water tap air Single Hole
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet The copper material silver waterfall surface basin mixer basin cold water tap Tap quartet.
- Cool and hot dishwash Basin can redate All Copper Faucet Kitchen Faucet of Household Dishwasher
- Multi-purpose Faucet Type a BENJUN Copper-in-wall kitchen hot and cold faucet wall mounted wall-mounted sink laundry pool sink faucet can be redated
- 60CM Creative Hanging Mirror, Household Living Room Entrance Mirror Round Wall Mirror Bathroom Makeup Mirror Bathroom Mirror Restaurant Bar Decorative Mirror,60CM
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Antique Shower Faucet shower set full copper shower wall mounted lift shower heads and hand held shower shower faucet temperature control
- Chrome Brass Kitchen Faucet Luxury redated Black Brass Basin Mixer Tap Led Modern Swivel Kitchen Faucet Deck Mounted Hot & Cold Mixer Tap
- Decorry 304 Cold Kitchen Faucet Mixing Valve Member Hot and Cold Water All Copper Kitchen Sink Single Cold Ceramic Valve Core, No Inlet Conduit 304 greenical Vientiane
- A Aijl Footstool, Household Solid Wood Fabric Stool Living Room Stool Hall Change shoes Bench 50 50 35cm (5 colors) (color C)
- MDBLYJ Modern Minimalist Bedroom Living Room Hooks Hangers Multi-Function Hook (color Brown, Size Five Hooks)
- Natural SONGMICS Bamboo Wood shoes Bench Rack with Cushion Upholstered Padded Seat Storage Shelf Bench for Entryway Bedroom Living Room Hallway Garage Mud Room ULBS65C
- LJ&XJ Soft Tatami Mattress,Foldable Tatami mat Dormitory Thin Single Bed Mattress,Comfortable Durable Floor mat,Thickness 4cm-Grey Queen2
- Entryway Coat Rack Simple and Modern Bamboo Coat Rack Floor Simple Hangers Bedroom Multi-Function Clothes Storage Home Creative (Product Only Contains Coat Rack)
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…